An InspekTech® Field Inspector position may be open in your area (BC, Alberta, Sask, Manitoba). After reading the information below, if you think there may be a fit, please write us to inquire if there is a position currently available in your area.
Our Field Inspectors come from a variety of backgrounds including but not limited to: insurance, government services, property management, commercial/residential inspections, real estate services, construction, etc. In addition to English some of our team speak, or are able to provide basic communications in, multiple languages including Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, and Punjabi.
As a Field Inspector, you will be trained, integrated onto our team, and under contract to InspekTech®. Working from your home office, you will travel to inspection
sites as they are assigned in your home or general work vicinity. Work load can be discussed based on your own wishes as well as our needs for a given area.
Field Inspector (FI) Description
The Field Inspector is required to evaluate hazards, inspect conditions of dwellings, measure and calculate square footage, take various field notes, draw diagrams, and take well composed digital photos.
The following specific tasks are conducted by FI's:
- The Field Inspector is required to evaluate hazards, inspect conditions of dwellings, measure and calculate square footage, take various field notes, draw diagrams, and take well composed digital photos.
- Review regularly both an email account (to your mobile device or computer) and the InspekTech® website account for inspection requests assigned to you. Review requests; confirm location and type of inspection required. As required make phone calls, send emails to arrange Field Survey site appointment with contacts, etc.
- Provide written file updates as required to provide both the requester and the InspekTech® Administration team per on-going knowledge of file scheduling status.
- Conduct field inspections/surveys and doing some or all of the following activities: Interviewing site contacts asking specific questions pertaining to the risk/site or conditions and/or events therein. Taking properly composed photos of all required elements for the type of inspection requested. Collect information and data about the site risk or events taking place as required on InspekTech® supplied forms and documents.
- Edit and upload photos and data to the InspekTech® website in the manner prescribed in the InspekTech® Field Inspector Training Manuals.
- Compile Field reports into finished reports as required. Upload or email reports as required.
- Provide answers in support of the Field reports to the Admin team as required.
: Production-based compensation, with no cap on earnings.
: No sales are required.
: One-on-one training, manuals and professional dress code.
: On-going guidance and support.
Qualifications | Field Inspector
The baseline qualification for any prospective InspekTech® team member is a genuine commitment to high professional and ethical standards as referenced in our Professional Code of Conduct.
The list below narrows to what might be considered an ideal Field Inspector candidate (but we also like to hear from people who have transferable skill sets from other backgrounds):
: Relevant industry training such as Loss Control (CLCM), Risk Management (CRM), and/or a university degree or diploma are all assets.
: Previous experience with construction and/or insurance methodologies.
: Have insurance, home inspection, security, claims, or loss control field inspection experience with good numerical skills.
: Have fire, environmental, health or other safety experience.
: Have construction or building code experience.
: Have worked independently from a home office and in the field, and are a proven self-starter.
: Computer literate (use of email clients such as Outlook, Thunderbird and be familiar with MS Office / Word and Excel).
: Strong written and verbal communication skills in English for producing clear, concise reports and for dealing with clients/site contacts on a daily basis.
: Critical thinking and analytical skills are essential for individuals involved in Field survey work without constant direct supervision.
: Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills.
: Must be very dependable/reliable, detail oriented, and thorough.
: Second language skills are also an asset.
Required tools for the InspekTech® Field Inspector
A reliable PC or MAC computer (desktop or laptop) that can be password protected, is connected to the Internet with High Speed connection (no-dial-up, satellite feeds or public terminals are permitted), and includes MS Office (not later than 2003) is required.
A black/white printer (preferably laser).
A reliable and clean vehicle that is properly insured as a work vehicle as may be required.
An Android or iPad Tablet (please inquire as to which platform is most suitable).
A Smartphone Cell phone for calling / mobile email.
Digital camera with 6MP + minimum 4X zoom with flash.
Measuring wheel, long tape rule, and laser measuring tool device.
Excellent diplomatic customer service skills with the ability to be tactful in adverse situations.
Excellent organizational skills and good basic computer skills.
A recent criminal record check must be submitted to InspekTech® for the purposes of bonding and liability coverage.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO INQUIRE AS TO AVAILABLE AREAS & TO SEND US YOUR RESUME